Do I need a hair transplant?
- Androgenic alopecia. Such male type of baldness is common, it occurs in both men and women
- Scarring area after burns or head injuries
- Traction alopecia (usually in women)
- The desire to increase the amount of hair on the chest, in the beard, to form moustache, etc.
- Thick and completely natural hair
- More than 92% of hair rooting, depending on which hair transplantation (technique) will be chosen
Step by step
In any case, hair transplantation on the head and other parts of the body is possible only by consulting a plastic surgeon. During the examination, the doctor will determine the best method for you (of course, taking into account the wishes of the patient) the method of operation, as well as the number of grafts needed for transplantation (often the graft consists of 1-4 hairs). Also, after counting the grafts, the doctor will be able to estimate the cost of the operation. Usually it is necessary to transplant from 1,500 to 7,000 grafts (the amount depends on the degree of alopecia). If necessary, laboratory tests will be assigned to you for delivery.
The examination (including specialist consultations and laboratory diagnostics) for patients of the ANA-COSMO clinic is available directly at the clinic. It can be done within 1-2 days. During the examination, it can be found out that before the transplant, you need to go through several procedures of head plasmolifting, this will improve and prepare the scalp for surgery.
Choosing the day of operation
The appointment of the day of operation takes place after the prescribed investigations.
Hair transplantation in Kyiv in the ANA-COSMO clinic is performed under local anesthesia. It is done by the doctor of medical sciences, one of the best plastic surgeons specializing in hair implantation, Akaki Tsilosani. The procedure is performed in Ukraine exactly in the clinic ANA-COSMO in Kyiv. Dr. Akaki Tsilosani comes from Georgia to Ukraine specially for the patient.
The hair transplantation itself is essentially the transplantation of healthy follicles into areas of the head where baldness is observed from the back of the head, side sections, etc. Hair transplantation in the clinic ANA-COSMO occurs in such a way that soon healthy hair grows from the implanted follicle and grows up to the end Life.
Transplantation is performed under local anesthesia and is quite non-traumatic, there is no recovery period that affects the patient's work activity. Recommendations for individual post-operative care for the scalp will be given by the doctor after the operation or during a consultation (depending on the chosen method of operation).
ANA-COSMO provides the best advanced transplant techniques that are successfully used by patients around the world:
- Patchwork method (or FUT, Folicular Unit Transplantation) in the form of a flap from the back of the patient. This method is used when transplanting from 2,000 grafts. However, this leads to a small scar on the back of the head.
- The non-scarified method (or FUE, Folicular Unit Extraction) - transplantation, is possible with transplantation up to 3000 grafts.
- Transplantation of long hair (operation on this method in Ukraine is available only in the ANA-COSMO). In this case, you do not need to wait until the transplanted hair grows.
- Transplant from the body (BHT, Body Hair Transplantation). Usually it is used in case of shortage of donor material. Does not leave scars.