- Feeling of constant appetite, inability to control it
- Physical discomfort due to excess weight
- The presence of heart disease (or prerequisites for their occurrence) in patients with obesity
- Restricting physical activity dyspnea
- Varicose legs due to fullness
- Swelling of the feet
- The need to reduce weight for the safe conduct of any surgical operation
- Weight loss (5-25 kg)
- Development of a strong habit to eat less which persists even after the withdrawal of the balloon
Step by step
During the consultation the doctor will investigate the reasons for the excess weight of the patient, the possibility of installing an intragastric balloon (BIB-System), answer all patient’s questions and send him to a preoperative examination.
Preoperative examination is carried out directly in the clinic ANA-COSMO (if desired - in any convenient laboratory) for your convenience. It consists of doing the necessary tests, consulting a therapist and an anesthesiologist.
Choosing the day of operation
The day of operation is determined after the preoperative examination, which will confirm the possibility of installing the intragastric balloon (BIB-System) to the patient.
Unfilled silicone balloon Bioenterics Intragastric Ballon (BIB) is introduced into the stomach through the mouth, under general anesthesia. After the injection, the balloon is filled with water (depending on the need - 400-700 ml). This allows you to fill most of the stomach, which significantly reduces the amount of food needed to achieve a sense of satiety, and also reduces appetite. Intragastric balloon can be installed for 6 months or less. At the same time, the patient lives a normal life without feeling anything. At the end of a maximum of six months, the BIB can be withdrawn.
It is not necessary to stay in the clinic at the end of the day after the operation. There is a risk of erosion of the balloon by the stomach acid, therefore, it is necessary to take the prescription medication prescribed by the doctor.
Contraindications for the installation of BIB-system:
- Lack of necessity (this is a fairly serious operation, so the fact that a patient may simply not like his appearance - cannot be a real need for a balloon)
- Diseases of the digestive tract
- Malignant neoplasms
- Crohn's disease
- Pregnancy, breast-feeding
- Regular intake of certain medications (this fact must necessarily be announced to the doctor during the consultation)