Do I need it?
Despite the fact that it is preferred not to talk about it vaginal plastic surgery is a popular operation for tightening the vagina. During the birth of a child, vagina could be injured (excessive expansion, tears and later – scars, preventing further narrowing of the vagina and decreasing sexual sensations during intercourse). Reducing the size of vagina helps to get rid of such problems. Vaginoplasty is also indicated for age-related changes. The omission of vaginal walls, which provokes pain during intercourse and urinary incontinence, and even vaginal prolapse, will be relieved by the operation to narrow the vagina
- Changes (stretching, tearing) after delivery
- Loss of sensitivity in sex due to postpartum
- Age-associated loss of elasticity and visible widening of the vaginal opening
- Omission of the uterus
- Any signs of vaginal dysfunction during the menopause
- Urinary incontinence with laughter, sneezing and abrupt movements
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Flatal incontinence
- Lack of orgasm and sexual attraction associated with age-related changes in the genitals
- Elastic, narrow vagina, an increase in its tonus
- Enjoying an intimate life through a "vaginal tightening" operation
- Aesthetically attractive appearance of the genitals
- Healthy, functioning urethra and genitals
Step by Step
The consultation of a plastic surgeon is a very important stage. During the appointment the doctor will conduct an examination, determine the scope and exact cost of the operation. The doctor will also discuss possible results of the procedure and the recovery period.
Consultations of a gynecologist, therapist and anesthesiologist are mandatory at the examination stage. The delivery of medical tests determined by the doctor at the consultation is also necessary.
Choosing the day of operation
You will be able to determine the date of the operation during the consultation (unless an additional examination is required), or after receiving of all the necessary survey results by a plastic surgeon.
Surgery to narrow and tighten the vagina can be carried out under both local and general anesthesia. It depends on your choice, the area of vaginal reduction and the advice of the surgeon. During the operation, the surgeon carries out a tightening of the vaginal walls through the mucous membrane, making the incisions not visible. The doctor also corrects the seams applied earlier. The procedure is carried out according to the physical problems of the operated zone and the individual patient’s needs. The process lasts about two hours.
The patient should stay in the ANA-COSMO hospital under the supervision of medical personnel only for 1 day. Sexual contacts are prohibited for a month.
In the USA more than 4,000 operations to reduce the vagina were performed in 2011, while in the UK the number of people wishing to change the shape of their vagina has almost doubled in the last five years. This is due to the fact that a rejuvenated vagina is as important for a full and busy life as a beautiful, lifted face.